Tea is a popular hot beverage all across the world, and it isn’t consumed purely for the taste. Here’s why tea can be beneficial for you.
A number of scientific researchers have been investigating the possible health benefits contained within tea. And now it appears there’s a growing body of evidence to suggest that drinking tea could actually ward off some very serious conditions, including cancer, obesity and dehydration.
Studies have suggested that drinking three or more cups of tea a day could actually be better for you than drinking the same amount of water, with the antioxidants contained within tea boosting the body’s health, at the same time as rehydrating it.
The main health benefits of tea drinking
Here are some of the key health benefits that scientists reckon tea drinking can bring:
- Tea reduces the risk of heart disease – Tea can potentially improve the blood flow around the body, by widening key arteries and reducing the risk of clots. Tea also contains antioxidants called ‘flavonoids’, which may slow down the onset and risk of heart disease.
- Tea hydrates the body – Although water is the prime fluid for rehydrating the body after exercise or a long day in the office, some scientists believe that drinking tea could be equally useful. Although high in caffeine, tea is still great for hydration as it provides a rich and flavorsome source of water.
- Tea prevents tooth decay – Believe it or not, a regular supply of tea can really strengthen your teeth and lower the risk of tooth decay. Tea is a great source of fluoride, which can bolster tooth enamel. The antioxidants contained within a cuppa have also been known to fight against bacteria and gum disease.
- Slimming through tea drinking? – Some scientific studies have suggested that regular tea drinking can help to keep body fat down by speeding up the burning of calories. If nothing else, it’s less fattening than sipping on a soft drink.
- Boosting memory power with tea – Many scientists believe that certain types of tea, such as green tea, can strengthen memory cells in the brain, and offer protection from the development of dementia and even Alzheimer’s Disease. No wonder old people drink so much tea.
- Beating cancer through the power of tea – Some high-profile studies have recently suggested that tea drinking could seriously help your chances of avoiding cancer. Although research is still developing in this area, reports indicate that prostate, mouth and breast cancer cases are much lower amongst those who regularly drink five or more cups of tea a day.
Types of healthy tea
With so many potential health benefits, there’s never been a better time to put the kettle on. But which form of tea is the most beneficial to you? Is that large cup of creamy, sugary black tea really going to help your body feel better? Let’s find out:
- Benefits of green tea – In addition to the numerous health benefits mentioned above, green tea has also been found to boost the performance of the liver, and prevent arthritis by strengthening bones. However, to get the most benefit from your green tea drinking, try and brew it from loose leaves rather than the tea bag. It’ll add flavour, and allow more antioxidants to be released into your cup!
- Benefits of black tea : Whilst green tea often grabs the headlines, black tea also possesses many of the health bonuses mentioned above. Offering a strong source of antioxidants, it is great for preventing viruses in the mouth and gums and has also been known to widen impaired arteries by as much as 50 per cent, preventing blood clots.
- 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Black Tea https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/black-tea-benefits
- Molecular evidences of health benefits of drinking black tea https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6512146/
Indonesian Tea Grades
PT Perkebunan Nusantara VIII (PTPN VIII) is a state-owned enterprise in Indonesia that manages the plantations of tea, rubber, palm oil, quinine, and cacao. Tea grades produced by PT. Perkebunan Nusantara VIII are as follow:
Orthodox Black tea
Leafy Grade / fancy Grade
OPS » Orange Pekoe Souchong
OP » Orange Pekoe
BS » Broken Souchong
FF » fine flowery
BOP I SP » Broken Orange Pekoe I Special
BOP I » Broken Orange Pekoe I
BOP » Broken Orange Pekoe
BOPF » Broken Orange Pekoe Fannings
PF » Pekoe Fannings
DUST » dust
BT » Broken Tea
BP » Broken Pekoe
PFII » Pekoe
DII » Dust II
BT II » Broken Tea II
BP II » Broken Pekoe II
FII » Fannings II
DIII » Dust III
CTC Black Tea
BP 1 » broken Pekoe 1
PF1 » Pekoe Fannings 1
PD » Pekoe Dust
DUST 1 » Dust 1
FANN » Fannings
BP » Broken Pekoe
D2 » Dust 2
F2 » Fannings 2
D3 » Dust 3
This article was taken from N8 Tea Products Catalogues, PT. Perkebunan Nusantara VIII, Indonesia.
Welcome to PT. Agrijaya
Black Tea High Quality
Established in 1992 in jakarta, PT Agrijaya is a tea company that focuses particulary on exporting its high quality products to discerning overseas markets. With Indonesia the fourth-largest tea producer in the world, Agrijaya excels in a crowded marketplace by producing and exporting only the finest black teas to neighboring and other asian countries, such as Pakistan and Japan, with the potential to expand this network globally.
With the knowledge and experience of its expert staff, some of whom have been in the business for almost 30 years, the company is able to supply single-origin or blended teas with aromas and tastes that match the unique preferences of individual markets. True tea artisans, we are also able to produce bespoke blends for specific customers’ needsand/or to match samples they supply.
Because of our reputation, buyers throughout the world expect a lot from Agrijaya. As such, and to sustain this reputation, we maintain consistenly high standards in the selection, processes and products we use. These ensure that our teas exceed the high expectations of our customers.
From the start, our expert tasters evaluate different teas individually for taste, flavor, color, strength, longevity, and other attributes. This is peformed even before a tea is considered for a certain blend. Those that are selected are then re-assessed to ensure that they pass our stringent standards.
Only after this process can the tea be considered for selling as a single tea or a blended mix with the guaranteed aroma and taste that Agrijaya’s clients expect, and which captures the flavor and aroma of freshly handpicked leaves. One of the key strengths of our operations is ensuring that our teas retain their freshness, and thus aroma and taste, from production right up until they are consumed.
“In addition to its own products, Agrijaya can provide blended teas according to samples provided by the buyer”
To be a world-class tea exporter with reliable product quality and timely delivery.
- To improve the welfare of the Indonesian people, especially tea farmers, with the introduction and marketing of Indonesian tea to the rest of the world.
- To promote the fact that Indonesian tea is of exceedingly high quality.
In Addition to its own products, Agrijaya can provide blended teas according to smaples provided by the buyer.
Agrijaya exports black tea from Indonesia in the form of Orthodox and CTC (crush-tear-curl) teas at various grades ranging from whole-leafy grade, broken-leaf grade, fanning grade, and dust grade.
Agrijaya strives to provide products that are of the highest quality, as expected by our customers.
PACKAGING & SHIPMENT
We supply our high-quality teas in packages weighing between 40 kg and 65 kg with orders of a minimum of one container, shipped either as freight-on-board or cost-and-freight.
Quality need not to come at a high price. Agrijaya is proud to be able to supply its high-quality teas at very competitive proces.
OUR TEA SOURCES
To support business and to serve our customers with the best products in the market, we are in partnership with tea plantations in Java and Sumatra, which are able to supply export-quantity and quality teas.
Agrijaya works as a team. The company is supported by commited and professional staff who experts in their fields. Our tea specialists have almost 30 years experince as well as strong communications skills, and all of this in addition to their expertise in the tea industry.
WhatsApp / Telegram : +62811187375
Jalan Ciputat Raya No 2F
Kebayoran Lama, Jakarta 12240